O. Reg. 483/22: ZONING ORDER - TOWN OF CALEDON, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL
filed September 9, 2022 under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
ontario regulation 483/22
made under the
Made: September 9, 2022
Filed: September 9, 2022
Published on e-Laws: September 12, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 24, 2022
ZONING ORDER - TOWN OF CALEDON, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL
1. In this Order,
“Zoning By-law” means Zoning By-Law No. 2006-50 of the Town of Caledon.
2. (1) This Order applies to lands in the Town of Caledon, in the Regional Municipality of Peel, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands outlined in red on a map numbered 314 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street.
(2) For the purposes of this Order, the side yard of any building abutting a property line adjacent to a public road shall be considered an exterior side yard.
Prestige Industrial Zone
3. (1) This section applies to the lands located in the area shown as the Prestige Industrial Zone on the map referred to in subsection 2 (1).
(2) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands referred to in subsection (1), except for,
(a) the uses permitted in the Prestige Industrial (MP) Zone in the Zoning By-law;
(b) cold storage warehouses;
(c) accessory open storage areas;
(d) accessory outside display or sales areas; and
(e) retail stores.
4. (1) The zoning requirements for the lands referred to in subsection 2 (1) are as follows:
1. The minimum lot frontage is 30 metres.
2. The minimum lot area is 925 square metres.
3. The maximum building area is 50 per cent.
4. The minimum front yard setback is 9 metres.
5. The minimum exterior side yard setback is 7.5 metres.
6. The minimum interior yard setback is 6 metres.
7. The minimum rear yard setback is 7.5 metres.
8. The maximum building height is 25 metres.
9. Despite paragraph 8, any building containing a cold storage warehouse may have a maximum height of 45 metres.
10. The minimum landscaping area is 10 per cent.
11. Despite paragraph 10, the minimum landscaping area for a corner lot is 12.5 per cent.
12. The minimum planting strip width is 6 metres.
13. Despite paragraph 12, the minimum planting strip width abutting an arterial road is 9 metres.
14. A planting strip is required along,
i. each front lot line,
ii. each exterior side lot line,
iii. any portion of a rear lot line that abuts a residential zone or a lot containing a residential use,
iv. any portion of an interior side lot line that abuts a residential use, and
v. each lot line of an interior side yard.
15. The landscaped area may include a surfaced walk, a surfaced patio, a stormwater management pond and a naturalized area, but must not include any driveway or vehicular access ramp, curb, retaining wall, parking area, delivery space or loading space.
16. The minimum parking space setback is 6 metres from any front lot line and 3 metres from any other lot line.
17. The maximum net floor area of a factory outlet is 20 per cent of the net floor area of the industrial facility to which it is accessory.
18. The maximum net floor area of a sales display area associated with a wholesale warehouse is 33 per cent of the total net floor area.
19. For the purposes of calculating the lot area,
i. the lands described in subsection 2 (1) shall be considered a single lot, and
ii. public roads and public lands shall not be included in the lot area calculation.
20. For the purposes of calculating the building area, the gross floor area is to be divided by the lot area, excluding any rooftop mechanical structures.
21. The maximum entrance width is 25 metres.
22. Despite the requirements set out in section 5.2.3 of the Zoning By-law, the parking requirements for a warehouse use are one space per 230 square metres of gross floor area.
23. Section 5.2.19 of the Zoning By-law does not apply to the lands described in subsection 2 (1).
24. Despite paragraph 23, where loading and delivery parking areas are illuminated, no part of the lighting fixture shall be more than 14 metres above grade.
(2) The zoning requirements for the open storage of goods and materials are as follows:
1. The storage of goods and materials must not exceed 25 per cent of the lot area.
2. No open storage is permitted in any front or exterior side yard.
3. No open storage is permitted within 30 metres of an arterial road.
4. An open storage area must be completely enclosed by a solid board fence that is a minimum of 1.8 metres in height.
5. The open storage of any goods or materials that are visually obnoxious, including derelict or scrap motor vehicles or machinery and worn-out appliances or equipment, is not permitted.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location and use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be a by-law passed by the council of the Town of Caledon.
7. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Date made: September 9, 2022