O. Reg. 519/22: CLASSIFICATION OF PROPOSALS FOR INSTRUMENTS
filed November 7, 2022 under Environmental Bill of Rights, 1993, S.O. 1993, c. 28Skip to content
ontario regulation 519/22
made under the
Environmental Bill of Rights, 1993
Made: November 3, 2022
Filed: November 7, 2022
Published on e-Laws: November 7, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 26, 2022
Amending O. Reg. 681/94
(CLASSIFICATION OF PROPOSALS FOR INSTRUMENTS)
1. The heading to Part I of Ontario Regulation 681/94 is revoked and the following substituted:
Ministry of Public and business service delivery
2. Section 1.2 of the Regulation is revoked.
3. Paragraph 12 of subsection 6 (2) of the Regulation is revoked.
4. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section immediately after the heading to Part II.2:
10.2.1 In this Part, a proposal for an instrument includes a proposal to issue it, amend it or revoke it, whether the amendment or revocation is authorized by the same provision of an Act or regulation that authorizes the issuance of the instrument or by a different provision.
5. (1) Paragraph 1 of subsection 10.3 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “746-96” at the end and substituting “229/2020”.
(2) Paragraph 5 of subsection 10.3 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
5. Within 50 metres of land that is habitat, within the meaning of the Endangered Species Act, 2007, of a species that is listed as an endangered or threatened species in Ontario Regulation 230/08 (Species at Risk in Ontario List) made under that Act.
6. Section 10.4 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
1. A proposal to approve under subsection 21 (2) of the Conservation Authorities Act the sale, lease or other disposition of land other than,
i. a proposal for approval for which terms and conditions are imposed under subsection 21 (3) of that Act that prohibit a change in use of the land and prohibit altering the site, and
ii. a proposal to approve a sale, lease or other disposition of land to the previous owner if the land was taken from that owner under the Expropriations Act.
7. Section 10.9.1 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
10.9.1 A proposal for an order under subsection 14 (4) of the Far North Act, 2010 is a Class II proposal for an instrument.
8. The heading to Part III of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Ministry of Mines
9. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.