O. Reg. 226/23: SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR, PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY DAYS
filed July 27, 2023 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 226/23
made under the
Made: July 21, 2023
Approved: July 27, 2023
Filed: July 27, 2023
Published on e-Laws: July 27, 2023
Published in The Ontario Gazette: August 12, 2023
Amending Reg. 304 of R.R.O. 1990
(SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR, PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY DAYS)
1. Section 4.1 of Regulation 304 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
4.1 (1) With respect to each school calendar submitted under section 4 and each school calendar approved under section 5 or 5.1, the board shall submit to the Minister, on or before August 15, a general outline of the activities to be conducted on the professional activity days identified on the calendar.
(2) With respect to each professional activity day required under paragraph 1 of subsection 2 (3.1) and each professional activity day designated by a board under paragraph 2 of subsection 2 (3.1), every board shall,
(a) prepare a detailed summary, as described in subsection (4); and
(b) at least 14 days before the professional activity day,
(i) submit the detailed summary to the Minister, and
(ii) make the detailed summary publicly available by,
(A) posting it in a prominent location on the website of the board or of each participating school,
(B) distributing it to the parents and guardians of pupils enrolled in participating schools;
(C) posting it in a conspicuous location in the main office of the board and of each participating school,
(D) distributing it to the chair of the school council of each participating school, and
(E) posting or distributing it in any other manner that the board considers appropriate.
(3) If, at any time, there is a change in the information included in a detailed summary, the board shall, as soon as possible,
(a) update the detailed summary;
(b) submit the updated detailed summary to the Minister; and
(c) make the updated detailed summary publicly available in the manner described in subclause (2) (b) (ii).
(4) Each detailed summary and updated detailed summary shall be prepared in the manner required by the Minister and shall include the following in respect of the scheduled professional activities:
1. The date, timing and format of the activities and the name of the entity hosting the activities.
2. The name of each school participating in the activities.
3. The topic or focus of the activities.
4. A description of the material to be covered, including the names and titles of persons presenting or delivering the material.
5. A description of the methods by which material is to be presented and the methods of learning that are to be engaged.
6. The titles of any resources that will be used as part of the activities and publication information in respect of those resources.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
5.1.2 Each submission of a proposed school calendar required under sections 4, 5 and 5.1 shall include the following:
1. A letter from the Director of Education.
2. A copy of the board resolution approving the submission.
3. Records of consultation about the proposed calendar.
4. Any further information or documentation requested by the Minister.
3. Section 5.2 of the Regulation is revoked.
4. Subsection 7 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) A school calendar or school calendars published under subsection (1) shall, in addition to the information required to be listed under subsection 4 (1), include the information required under subsection 4.1 (1).
5. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 28, 2023 and the day this Regulation is filed.
Pris par :
Le ministre de l’Éducation,
Minister of Education