Innovation Centre Governance Act, 2020, S.O. 2020, c. 36, Sched. 21Skip to content
Innovation Centre Governance Act, 2020
Historical version for the period December 8, 2020 to October 18, 2021.
1 In this Act,
“Minister” means the Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade or such other member of the Executive Council as may be assigned the administration of this Act under the Executive Council Act.
Directors of Ontario Centres of Excellence Inc.
2 (1) The following apply with respect to the board of directors of Ontario Centres of Excellence Inc.:
1. The total number of directors shall not exceed 13.
2. The Minister may appoint up to six directors, subject to paragraph 3.
3. The Minister shall not appoint a director if the appointment would result in the number of directors appointed by the Minister being greater than or equal to the number of other directors.
Appointed directors have same rights and responsibilities
(2) Directors appointed by the Minister have the same rights and responsibilities as directors who are elected.
Corporations Act applies to appointed directors
(3) For greater certainty, the Corporations Act applies to a director appointed by the Minister in the same way as it applies to directors who are elected.
Note: On the day subsection 4 (1) of the Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, 2010 comes into force, subsection 2 (3) of this Act is amended by striking out “Corporations Act” and substituting “Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, 2010”. (See: 2020, c. 36, Sched. 21, s. 3)
Section Amendments with date in force (d/m/y)
- not in force
3 Omitted (provides for amendments to this Act).
4 Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Act).
5 Omitted (enacts short title of this Act).