Ontario Loan Act, 1991, S.O. 1991, c. 8Skip to content
|current||June 19, 1991 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Ontario Loan Act, 1991
S.O. 1991, CHAPTER 8
Consolidation Period: From June 19, 1991 to the e-Laws currency date.
1. (1) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may borrow in any manner provided by the Financial Administration Act such sums, not exceeding a total aggregate amount of $12,000,000,000, as are considered necessary to discharge any indebtedness or obligation of Ontario, to make any payment authorized or required by any Act to be made out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund or to reimburse the Consolidated Revenue Fund for money expended for any of such purposes. 1991, c. 8, s. 1 (1).
(2) The authority to borrow conferred by this Act is in addition to that conferred by any other Act. 1991, c. 8, s. 1 (2).
2. No order in council authorizing borrowing under this Act shall be made after the 31st day of December, 1992. 1991, c. 8, s. 2.
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Act). 1991, c. 8, s. 3.
4. Omitted (enacts short title of this Act). 1991, c. 8, s. 4.