Tyndale University College and Seminary Act, 2005, S.O. 2005, c. Pr4 - Bill Pr12Skip to content
An Act respecting
Tyndale University College & Seminary
Assented to June 13, 2005
Tyndale University College & Seminary has applied for special legislation in connection with its B.A. degree programs. The applicant represents that it was incorporated by special legislation in 1982 under the name Ontario Bible College and Ontario Theological Seminary, which was amended by special legislation in 1986, that it changed its name to Tyndale College & Seminary by supplementary letters patent dated March 11, 1998 and that it changed its name to Tyndale University College & Seminary by special legislation in 2003.
It is appropriate to grant the application.
Therefore, Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Ontario, enacts as follows:
1. The Tyndale University College and Seminary Act, 2003 is amended by adding the following section:
Requirements re B.A. degree programs
5.1 The following requirements established under the Post-secondary Education Choice and Excellence Act, 2000 apply to the College in relation to its programs for the degrees of Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in humanities, social sciences or business studies:
1. The requirements respecting student transcripts and access to transcripts.
2. The requirements respecting the collection and refunding of tuition fees and respecting unearned tuition fees.
3. The requirements respecting the security referred to in subsection 4 (4) of that Act, forfeiture of the security and claims made against the security.
2. This Act comes into force on the day it receives Royal Assent.
3. The short title of this Act is the Tyndale University College & Seminary Act, 2005.