The Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change works to protect and sustain Ontario’s air, land, and water.
About the ministry
Get involved in protecting and restoring your corner of the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River Basin.
If you see a spill or environmental emergency report it. Call the Spills Action Centre:
- 1-800-268-6060 (toll-free, province-wide, 24/7)
- 416-325-3000 (Toronto area)
The Guide to Eating Ontario Sport Fish provides detailed information on the quantities of Ontario sport fish that can be safely eaten.
The Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change protects and improves the quality of the environment and coordinates Ontario's actions on climate change leading to healthier communities, ecological protection and economic prosperity for present and future generations. The tools the ministry uses to accomplish this include:
- using science and research to develop policies, legislation, regulations and standards
- enforcing compliance with environmental laws
- working with other governments, Aboriginal groups and organizations, industry, stakeholders and the public
- monitoring and reporting to track environmental progress over time
- modernizing environmental approval processes.