O. Reg. 474/00: ACCESS TO SCHOOL PREMISESSkip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 474/00
ACCESS TO SCHOOL PREMISES
Consolidation Period: From February 1, 2008 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 471/07.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. This Regulation governs access to school premises under section 305 of the Act. O. Reg. 474/00, s. 1.
1. A person enrolled as a pupil in the school.
2. A parent or guardian of such a pupil.
3. A person employed or retained by the board.
4. A person who is otherwise on the premises for a lawful purpose. O. Reg. 474/00, s. 2 (1); O. Reg. 471/07, s. 1.
(2) A person who is invited to attend an event, a class or a meeting on school premises is permitted to be on the premises for that purpose. O. Reg. 474/00, s. 2 (2).
(3) A person who is invited onto school premises for a particular purpose by the principal, a vice-principal or another person authorized by board policy to do so is permitted to be on the premises for that purpose. O. Reg. 474/00, s. 2 (3).
(4) Subsection (1), (2) or (3) does not entitle a person to have access to all areas of the school premises. O. Reg. 474/00, s. 2 (4).
(5) Subsection (1) does not restrict the right of the board to lock the school premises when the premises are not being used for a purpose authorized by the board. O. Reg. 474/00, s. 2 (5).
3. (1) A person is not permitted to remain on school premises if his or her presence is detrimental to the safety or well-being of a person on the premises, in the judgment of the principal, a vice-principal or another person authorized by the board to make such a determination. O. Reg. 474/00, s. 3 (1).
(2) A person is not permitted to remain on school premises if a policy of the board requires the person to report his or her presence on the premises in a specified manner and the person fails to do so. O. Reg. 474/00, s. 3 (2).
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to a pupil enrolled in the school or to a pupil attending a program for suspended or expelled pupils that is located on the school premises. O. Reg. 471/07, s. 2.
4. A person who is not permitted, under section 3, to be on or remain on school premises on January 31, 2008, shall be permitted to be on and remain on school premises in accordance with this regulation on and after February 1, 2008, if the person was a pupil enrolled in the school at the time that permission for him or her to be on or remain on school premises was revoked. O. Reg. 471/07, s. 3.