O. Reg. 335/12: GENERALSkip to content
Midwifery Act, 1991
Loi de 1991 sur les sages-femmes
Consolidation Period: From November 27, 2020 to the e-Laws currency date.
Legislative History:, .
This Regulation is made in English only.
Part I (s. 1-13) Revoked: O. Reg. 668/20, s. 1.
Part II (s. 14 and 15) Revoked: O. Reg. 668/20, s. 1.
intubation of a newborn
Requirements for intubation beyond the larynx of a newborn
15.1 A member is authorized to perform a procedure under paragraph 10 of section 4 of the Act if the procedure is performed in accordance with the following requirements:
1. The member has the knowledge, skill and judgment to perform the procedure safely, effectively and ethically.
2. Before performing the procedure, the member determines that the newborn’s condition warrants performance of the procedure, having considered,
i. whether the procedure is necessary to preserve or restore the health of the newborn,
ii. the known risks and benefits to the newborn of performing the procedure,
iii. the predictability of the outcome of performing the procedure,
iv. the safeguards and resources available in all the circumstances to safely manage the outcome of performing the procedure, and
v. other relevant factors specific to the situation.
3. The member has successfully completed an intubation training program approved by the Council. O. Reg. 17/15, s. 1.
16. Omitted (revokes other Regulations). O. Reg. 335/12, s. 16.
17. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 335/12, s. 17.