O. Reg. 208/19: ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE APPROVAL IN RESPECT OF SEWAGE WORKSSkip to content
Environmental Protection Act
ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE APPROVAL IN RESPECT OF SEWAGE WORKS
Consolidation Period: From July 1, 2021 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) Subject to subsection (2), any person who alters, extends, enlarges or replaces a sewage works on or after July 1, 2021 is prescribed for the purposes of clauses 20.6 (1) (a) and (c) of the Act. O. Reg. 386/21, s. 1 (1).
(2) Subsection (1) applies if the following conditions are satisfied:
1. The altering, extending, enlarging or replacing is carried out under an agreement with a municipality, entered into under the Planning Act or the Development Charges Act, 1997.
2. The agreement, whether entered into before or after July 1, 2021, provides that ownership of the sewage works may be transferred to one of the following:
i. The municipality.
ii. A public utility commission deemed to be a municipal service board under section 195 of the Municipal Act, 2001.
iii. A municipal service board established under sections 9, 10, 11 and 196 of the Municipal Act, 2001 or a city board as defined in subsection 3 (1) of the City of Toronto Act, 2006.
iv. A corporation established under sections 9, 10 and 11 of the Municipal Act, 2001 in accordance with section 203 of that Act or under sections 7 and 8 of the City of Toronto Act, 2006 in accordance with sections 148 and 154 of that Act. O. Reg. 208/19, s. 1 (2); O. Reg. 386/21, s. 1 (2).
2. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).