O. Reg. 252/19: ORDER FOR DISSOLUTION - LOCAL SERVICES BOARD OF DENNIS TOWNSHIP SOUTHSkip to content
|current||July 31, 2019 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Northern Services Boards Act
ORDER FOR DISSOLUTION - LOCAL SERVICES BOARD OF DENNIS TOWNSHIP SOUTH
Consolidation Period: From July 31, 2019 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Dissolution of Board, Board area
1. The Local Services Board of Dennis Township South and the Board area are hereby dissolved under section 32 of the Act.
Delivery of documents and property
2. Within 30 days of receiving a copy of this order, a member or secretary of the Board who held office at any time from October 1, 2017 to the date of the order, shall deliver to the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines, if required by the Ministry,
(a) all Board documents, records and files, including minute books, by-laws, contracts, bank account records and any other financial books and records that are under the Board’s care or control;
(b) all property of the Board;
(c) the Board’s seal; and
(d) a certification in a form approved by the Ministry that all documents and property required by the Ministry that are under the Board’s care or control have been delivered to the Ministry.
Assets held in trust by Ministry
3. The Board’s assets and liabilities are transferred in trust to the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines.
4. (1) The Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines has general supervision of the Board’s assets and the power to do anything reasonably necessary to implement this order effectively, including,
(a) identifying, seizing and disposing of the Board’s assets;
(b) using the proceeds of any sale of assets to make the payments listed in subsection (2);
(c) appointing an agent or trustee to implement the order; and
(d) doing anything else necessary to wind up the Board’s affairs and activities.
(2) The proceeds mentioned in clause (1) (b) shall be used to make the following payments, in the following order:
1. Payments to the agent or trustee, if any, for costs incurred in dealing with the assets.
2. Payments to the Board’s creditors for any outstanding debts owed.
3. Payment of the Ministry’s costs in implementing this order.
5. The Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines shall publish an invitation to creditors of the Board to inform the Ministry of any claims or debts in,
(a) the Soo Today;
(b) the Sault Star; and
(c) local newspapers in any other communities as may be considered appropriate.
Records and files to be kept
6. The records and files of the Board shall be kept by the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines for at least seven years from the date of this order.
7. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).