O. Reg. 376/19: ADDITIONAL OBJECTS OF THE AGENCYSkip to content
Connecting Care Act, 2019
ADDITIONAL OBJECTS OF THE AGENCY
Consolidation Period: From July 1, 2023 to the e-Laws currency date.
Legislative History:, , , .
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) Pursuant to clause 6 (i) of the Act, the following are prescribed as objects of the Agency:
1. Providing shared services, including the services listed in subsection (2),
i. to local health integration networks,
ii. to health service providers and Ontario Health Teams that are funded by Ontario Health under the Connecting Care Act, 2019 in respect of the home and community care services those providers and Teams provide, and
iii. to placement co-ordinators designated under the Fixing Long-Term Care Act, 2021 in respect of the long-term care home placement co-ordination services those placement co-ordinators provide.
2. Conducting or funding research programs that are specified in the accountability agreement between the Agency and the Minister under section 19 of the Act.
3. Developing or adopting standards respecting digital health products and digital health services and the suppliers of such products and services.
4. Certifying products, services and suppliers in accordance with the standards developed or adopted pursuant to paragraph 3.
5. Carrying out the powers, functions and responsibilities provided for in section 18.0.1 and sections 27 to 34 of Ontario Regulation 329/04 (General) made under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004. O. Reg. 376/19, s. 1 (1); O. Reg. 570/20, s. 1; O. Reg. 191/22, s. 1; O. Reg. 295/22, s. 1; O. Reg. 57/23, s. 1.
(2) The following services are listed for the purposes of paragraph 1 of subsection (1):
1. Human resource management, including employee benefits and assistance.
2. Labour relations and collective bargaining.
3. Oversight and management of provincial patient care technology platforms.
4. Finance and administration, including accounts payable and inventory management.
5. Communications and public relations.
6. Support for policy development and implementation and quality improvement. O. Reg. 376/19, s. 1 (2).
2. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).