O. Reg. 131/20: LIMITATION UNDER SECTION 451.1 OF THE ACT - NOISE BY-LAWS IN CONNECTION WITH CONSTRUCTIONSkip to content
|current||April 7, 2020 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Municipal Act, 2001
LIMITATION UNDER SECTION 451.1 OF THE ACT - NOISE BY-LAWS IN CONNECTION WITH CONSTRUCTION
Consolidation Period: From April 7, 2020 to the e-Laws currency date.
Note: This Regulation is revoked on October 7, 2021. (See: O. Reg. 131/20, s. 2)
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. For the purposes of section 451.1 of the Act, a municipality does not have power to prohibit and regulate with respect to noise made in connection with the following:
1. Construction projects and services in a municipality associated with the healthcare sector, including new facilities, expansions, renovations and conversion of spaces that could be repurposed for health care space, at any time of the day or night.
2. Any other construction activity in a municipality between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
2. Omitted (revokes this Regulation).
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).