O. Reg. 240/20: MANAGEMENT OF RETIREMENT HOMES IN OUTBREAKSkip to content
Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020
formerly under Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
MANAGEMENT OF RETIREMENT HOMES IN OUTBREAK
Note: This Regulation was revoked on March 16, 2022. (See: O. Reg. 168/22, s. 1)
Legislative History:, .
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Terms of Order
1. The terms of this Order are set out in Schedule 1. O. Reg. 407/20, s. 3.
1. In this Order,
“Registrar” has the same meaning as in subsection 2 (1) of the Retirement Homes Act, 2010; (“registrateur”)
“retirement home” has the same meaning as in subsection 2 (1) of the Retirement Homes Act, 2010; (“maison de retraite”)
Authority to make mandatory management orders, retirement homes in outbreak
2. (1) The Registrar is authorized to make an order under subsection 91 (1) of the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 with respect to a retirement home where there is a risk of harm to residents of that home related to the coronavirus (COVID-19), if at least one resident or staff member in the retirement home has tested positive for that virus in a laboratory test.
(2) Subsection (1) applies despite any requirement or grounds set out in the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 or Ontario Regulation 166/11 (General) made under that Act, and despite any other statute, regulation, order or policy.
(3) An order made pursuant to subsection (1) shall set out the period of time during which the order is in effect, but the period shall not extend past the day this Order ceases to apply or is revoked.
(4) An order made pursuant to subsection (1) shall set out the name of the person who is to manage the retirement home.
(5) An order made pursuant to subsection (1) is not subject to an application for a stay under subsection 101 (2) of the Retirement Homes Act, 2010.
O. Reg. 240/20, Sched. 1; O. Reg. 407/20, s. 4.