O. Reg. 474/20: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF TORONTOSkip to content
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF TORONTO
Consolidation Period: From April 6, 2021 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“accessory”, when used to describe a use, building or structure, means a use, building or structure that is normally incidental or subordinate to a principal use, building or structure located on the same lot, including but not limited to,
(a) administrative offices,
(b) dining facilities,
(c) doctors’ offices,
(d) nursing stations,
(e) activity rooms,
(f) personal service shops used in conjunction with the other uses on the lot,
(g) coffee shops and restaurants used in conjunction with the other uses on the lot,
(h) retail shops used in conjunction with the other uses on the lot, and,
(i) recreation facilities;
“long-term care home” has the same meaning as in the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007;
“zoning by-law” means Zoning By-law 569-2013 of the City of Toronto.
2. This Order applies to lands in the City of Toronto, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands near the intersection of Finch Avenue West and Oakdale Road outlined in red on a map numbered 262 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street. O. Reg. 474/20, s. 2; O. Reg. 260/21, s. 1.
Non-application of s. 114 of the City of Toronto Act, 2006, site plan control area
3. Section 114 of the City of Toronto Act, 2006 does not apply to the lands described in section 2 of this Order.
Matters that may be dealt with in agreement
4. Each person who owns all or any part of the lands described in section 2 shall enter into one or more agreements with the City of Toronto dealing with the matters listed in subsection 47 (4.4) of the Act.
5. In addition to the uses permitted by the zoning by-law on the lands described in section 2, a 320-bed capacity long-term care home, together with accessory uses, buildings and structures, is permitted.
6. (1) The zoning requirements for Nursing Home use in the Institutional General Zone (I) set out in the zoning by-law apply to the uses, buildings and structures permitted under section 5, with the following exceptions:
1. The maximum building height is eight storeys and 28 metres.
2. The minimum amount of soft landscaping is 15 per cent for the areas shown as Long-Term Care Home on the map referred to in section 2 that are not covered by buildings or structures.
3. The minimum setback to a lot line from a building or structure is 3 metres.
4. The maximum floor space index is 2.5.
5. A minimum of 16 short-term bicycle parking spaces shall be provided.
6. A minimum of one Type A and one Type B loading space is required for the areas shown as Long-Term Care Home on the map referred to in section 2. O. Reg. 474/20, s. 6; O. Reg. 260/21, s. 2 (1, 2).
(2) A minimum of 390 vehicle parking spaces, including 14 accessible vehicle parking spaces, shall be provided for the lands described in section 2. O. Reg. 260/21, s. 2 (3).
7. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
8. (1) This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Toronto. O. Reg. 474/20, s. 8.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to section 4 of the Order. O. Reg. 260/21, s. 3.
9. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).