O. Reg. 8/21: ENFORCEMENT OF COVID-19 MEASURESSkip to content
|current||January 12, 2021 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
ENFORCEMENT OF COVID-19 MEASURES
Consolidation Period: From January 12, 2021 to the e-Laws currency date.
Note: This Order is revoked on January 26, 2021, unless it is extended. (See s. 7.0.8 of the Act)
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Terms of Order
1. The terms of this Order are set out in Schedule 1.
1. In this Order,
“provincial offences officer” has the same meaning as in subsection 1 (1) of the Provincial Offences Act.
Requirement to identify
2. (1) A police officer or other provincial offences officer who has reasonable and probable grounds to believe that an individual has committed an offence under section 7.0.11 of the Act may require the individual to provide the officer with the individual’s correct name, date of birth and address.
(2) Every individual who is required under subsection (1) to provide a police officer or other provincial offences officer with their correct name, date of birth and address shall promptly comply.
3. (1) A police officer or other provincial offences officer may order that premises be temporarily closed if they have reasonable grounds to believe that an organized public event or other gathering is occurring at the premises and that the number of people in attendance exceeds the number permitted under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to Covid-19) Act, 2020.
(2) Every individual who is on the premises shall comply with the order to temporarily close the premises by promptly vacating the premises after being informed of the order.
(3) No individual shall re-enter the premises on the same day that the premises were temporarily closed under subsection (1) unless a police officer or other provincial offences officer authorizes the re-entry.
(4) Subsections (2) and (3) do not apply to individuals residing in the premises.
Order to cease attendance or disperse
4. (1) A police officer or other provincial offences officer may order an individual attending an organized public event or other gathering that is prohibited under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020 to cease attending the organized public event or gathering, as applicable, and may order individuals at the organized public event or gathering to disperse.
(2) Every individual who is ordered to cease attending an organized public event or other gathering or to disperse under subsection (1) shall promptly comply.