O. Reg. 160/21: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF HAMILTONSkip to content
|March 5, 2021 – (e-Laws currency date)
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF HAMILTON
Consolidation Period: From March 5, 2021 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“Zoning By-law” means the City of Hamilton Zoning By-law No. 05-200.
2. This Order applies to lands in the City of Hamilton, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands described as part of Lot 2, on Registrar’s Complied Plan 1484, as identified by Property Identification Number 17178-0152 (LT) registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of Wentworth (No. 62).
3. The zoning requirements for the uses set out in the Downtown Mixed Use — Pedestrian Focus (D2) Zone of the Zoning By-law shall apply to the lands described in section 2 of this Regulation, except that a multiple dwelling shall be permitted within the portion of the ground floor of the existing building that has frontage on Main Street East.
4. Access to a multiple dwelling shall be from the Main Street East frontage of the lands described in section 2.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Hamilton.
7. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).