O. Reg. 768/21: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF KINGSTONSkip to content
|current||November 10, 2021 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF KINGSTON
Consolidation Period: From November 10, 2021 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“zoning by-law” means Zoning By-law No. 8499 of the City of Kingston.
2. This Order applies to the lands in the City of Kingston, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands identified on a map numbered 279 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street.
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in section 2, except for the following:
1. A one-family dwelling.
2. A two-family dwelling.
3. A group dwelling.
4. A row dwelling.
5. A community hall and accessory uses including office and laundry facilities.
6. A garden plot.
7. Accessory buildings.
4. (1) The zoning requirements for the Multiple Family Dwelling Zone (B1) set out in section 14 of the zoning by-law apply to the uses permitted under section 3 of this Order, with the following exceptions:
1. The front lot line for the purposes of this section is deemed to be King Street West.
2. The minimum yard requirement, except for the minimum front yard, is 1.8 metres.
3. The minimum number of required off-street parking spaces is 10.
4. The minimum number of required off-street accessible parking spaces is one.
5. Section 5.3B(e) of the zoning by-law does not apply.
6. The maximum number of storeys is one.
7. There is no minimum floor area per dwelling unit.
8. There is no maximum number of bachelor dwelling units.
9. A maximum of 25 dwelling units is permitted.
(2) In addition to the zoning requirements set out in subsection (1), the zoning requirements for accessory buildings set out in section 5.17(a) of the zoning by-law apply to the uses permitted under paragraph 5 of section 3 of this Order.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. The Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Kingston.
7. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).