O. Reg. 19/22: TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF STATUTORY PROTECTIONS FOR BLACK ASHSkip to content
|revoked or spent January 25, 2022|
Endangered Species Act, 2007
TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF STATUTORY PROTECTIONS FOR BLACK ASH
Note: This Regulation was revoked on January 25, 2022. (See: O. Reg. 22/22, s. 1)
Note: THIS REGULATION IS NOT YET IN FORCE. It comes into force on January 26, 2022.
Note: This Regulation is revoked on January 26, 2024. (See: O. Reg. 19/22, s. 4)
Legislative History:, .
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. This Regulation applies with respect to the classification of black ash (Fraxinus nigra) as an endangered species in the annual report submitted by COSSARO to the Minister on January 27, 2021.
2. Despite any amendment to Ontario Regulation 230/08 (Species at Risk in Ontario List), made under the Act, listing black ash as an endangered species, the prohibitions in subsections 9 (1) and 10 (1) of the Act do not apply with respect to black ash for the period that begins on January 26, 2022 and ends on January 25, 2024.
3. The reason for the temporary suspension described in section 2 is that, without such a suspension, the application of the prohibitions in subsections 9 (1) and 10 (1) of the Act with respect to black ash would likely have significant social and economic implications for many parts of Ontario, and, as a result, additional time is required to determine the best approach to protecting black ash and its habitat.
Note: Section 4 is not yet in force. It comes into force on January 26, 2024.
4. This Regulation is revoked.
5. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).