R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 186: DESIGNATION OF REGIONSSkip to content
Courts of Justice Act
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 186
DESIGNATION OF REGIONS
Consolidation Period: From October 1, 2007 to the e-Laws currency date.
Legislative History: CTR 25 JL 17 - 3., ,
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. For the purposes of the Act, the Province of Ontario is divided into the regions described in the Schedule. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 186, s. 1.
2. Revoked: O. Reg. 340/07, s. 1.
1. Northwest Region: The territorial districts of Kenora, Rainy River and Thunder Bay.
2. Northeast Region: The territorial districts of Algoma, Cochrane, Manitoulin, Nipissing, Parry Sound, Sudbury and Timiskaming.
3. East Region:
i. The counties of Frontenac, Hastings, Lanark, Lennox and Addington, Prince Edward and Renfrew.
ii. The united counties of,
A. Leeds and Grenville,
B. Prescott and Russell, and
C. Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry.
iii. The Regional Municipality of Ottawa-Carleton.
4. Central East Region:
i. The District Municipality of Muskoka.
ii. The counties of Haliburton, Northumberland, Peterborough, Simcoe and Victoria.
iii. The regional municipalities of Durham and York.
5. Toronto Region: The Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto.
6. Central West Region:
i. The counties of Bruce, Dufferin, Grey and Wellington.
ii. The regional municipalities of Halton and Peel.
7. Central South Region:
i. The County of Brant.
ii. The regional municipalities of Haldimand-Norfolk, Hamilton-Wentworth, Niagara and Waterloo.
8. Southwest Region: The counties of Elgin, Essex, Huron, Kent, Lambton, Middlesex, Oxford and Perth.
R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 186, Sched.