R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 404: DESIGNATION - ONTARIO CANOLA GROWERS' ASSOCIATIONSkip to content
Farm Products Marketing Act
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 404
DESIGNATION — ONTARIO CANOLA GROWERS’ ASSOCIATION
Consolidation Period: From June 13, 2006 to the e-Laws currency date.
Legislative History: 512/96,, .
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. In this Regulation,
“association” means the Ontario Canola Growers’ Association. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 404, s. 1.
2. The Ontario Canola Growers’ Association is designated as the representative association of producers of canola within Ontario for the carrying out of a program for stimulating, increasing and improving the producing and marketing locally within Ontario of canola by advertising, education, research and other means. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 404, s. 2.
3. Every producer who sells canola shall pay licence fees of $3.80 a tonne to the association. O. Reg. 512/96, s. 1; O. Reg. 259/03, s. 1.
4. (1) Every person who buys canola from a producer shall deduct, from the money payable to the producer, the licence fees payable by the producer to the association respecting the canola. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 404, s. 4 (1).
(2) On or before the fifteenth day of each month, every person shall forward to the association all licence fees deducted by the person under subsection (1) during the preceding month. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 404, s. 4 (2).
5. The association is authorized to use the licence fees for the purposes of defraying the expenses of the association in carrying out its objects. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 404, s. 5.
6. The association shall furnish to the Commission such information and financial statements as the Commission determines. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 404, s. 6.