O. Reg. 661/91: ZONING AREAS - UNORGANIZED TERRITORY IN THE TERRITORIAL DISTRICT OF KENORASkip to content
|current||July 12, 2007 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ONTARIO REGULATION 661/91
ZONING AREAS — UNORGANIZED TERRITORY IN THE TERRITORIAL DISTRICT OF KENORA
Consolidation Period: From July 12, 2007 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“accessory”, when used to describe a use, building or structure, means a use, building or structure that is normally incidental or subordinate to the principal use, building or structure;
“dwelling unit” means one or more habitable rooms occupied or capable of being occupied as an independent and separate housekeeping establishment in which separate kitchen and sanitary facilities are provided for the exclusive use of the unit with a private entrance from outside the building or from a common hallway or stairway inside the building;
“mobile home” means a dwelling unit that is designed to be made mobile and constructed or manufactured to provide a permanent residence for one or more persons, but does not include a travel trailer or tent trailer or trailer otherwise designed;
“mobile home park” means a parcel of land that has not been subdivided under the Act in which individual mobile home sites are made available on a rental or lease basis. O. Reg. 661/91, s. 1.
2. This Order applies to that parcel of land situate in the unorganized territory in the District of Kenora, described as Location REB 33, designated as Part 1 on Plan KR2198 registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Registry Division of Kenora (No. 23), and those lands adjacent to Location REB 33 identified as Parts 1 and 2 on Land Use Permit 267, filed with the Ministry of Natural Resources at Ignace, Ontario and dated May 31, 2006. O. Reg. 350/07, s. 1.
3. (1) No land to which this Order applies shall be used and no building or structure shall be erected, located or used except in accordance with this Order. O. Reg. 661/91, s. 3 (1).
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force. O. Reg. 661/91, s. 3 (2).
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered. O. Reg. 661/91, s. 3 (3).
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure. O. Reg. 661/91, s. 3 (4).
4. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of buildings or structures on the land to which this Order applies is prohibited, except the following:
1. A retail store, with liquor agency, post office, sale of bait and tackle, and issuance of outdoor licences for the Ministry of Natural Resources.
2. A restaurant.
3. A gas station, including the sale of propane for heating and appliances.
4. A six-unit motel for the use of a total of no more than 16 people.
5. Three bunkhouses for the use of a total of no more than 30 people.
6. A maximum of four cabins, for the use of no more than eight people in each cabin.
7. A maximum of six mobile homes, for the use of no more than eight people in each mobile home.
8. A campground for the use of a total of no more than 48 people, with accessory showers and washrooms and a maximum of 12 campsites, each accommodating one travel trailer.
9. A dwelling unit.
10. Accessory uses, buildings and structures. O. Reg. 350/07, s. 2.