O. Reg. 713/93: EXAMINATIONSSkip to content
|current||September 24, 1999 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Opticianry Act, 1991
Loi de 1991 sur les opticiens
ONTARIO REGULATION 713/93
Consolidation Period: From September 24, 1999 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: 480/99.
Legislative History: 480/99.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. (1) The Council shall conduct or cause to be conducted examinations for registration candidates at least once a year, and shall fix the time and place of the examinations. O. Reg. 713/93, s. 1 (1).
(2) The examinations each year shall consist of a maximum of ten sections. O. Reg. 713/93, s. 1 (2).
(3) No examination question shall be submitted to a candidate for examination until it has been approved by the Council. O. Reg. 713/93, s. 1 (3).
2. A person may apply to take the Council’s examinations by submitting an application to the Registrar in the form supplied by the Council and paying the required fee. O. Reg. 713/93, s. 2; O. Reg. 480/99, s. 1.
3. It is a requirement for eligibility to take the Council’s examinations that,
(a) the applicant must be a registered intern optician who has completed at least 1,000 hours of verified dispensing experience; or
(b) the applicant must be a person who has been ordered to take and pass the Council’s examinations by the Registration Committee as a condition of being registered as a registered optician. O. Reg. 713/93, s. 3.
4. A candidate for examination who has taken the Council’s examinations and who wishes to have his or her results reviewed by the Registration Committee is entitled to such a review upon payment of the required examination review fee. O. Reg. 713/93, s. 4; O. Reg. 480/99, s. 2.
5. (1) A candidate who fails one or more sections of the examination shall be entitled to no more than two supplemental attempts to pass each of the sections failed. O. Reg. 713/93, s. 5 (1).
(2) Further supplemental attempts will require proof of remediation and upgrading in accordance with policy guidelines issued by the Registration Committee. O. Reg. 713/93, s. 5 (2).
6. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 713/93, s. 6.