O. Reg. 417/95: SUPERIOR COURT OF JUSTICE - FAMILY COURT - FEESSkip to content
Administration of Justice Act
ONTARIO REGULATION 417/95
SUPERIOR COURT OF JUSTICE — FAMILY COURT — FEES
Consolidation Period: From April 30, 2018 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. The following fees are payable in respect of proceedings in the Superior Court of Justice — Family Court:
1. On the filing of an application: $157.00.
2. On the filing of an answer, other than an answer referred to in paragraph 3: $125.00.
3. On the filing of an answer where the answer includes a request for a divorce by a respondent: $157.00.
4. On the placing of an application on the list for hearing: $280.00.
5. On the issue of a summons to a witness: $19.00.
6. On the issue of a certificate,
i. with not more than five pages of copies of the Court document annexed: $19.00, and
ii. for each additional page: $2.00.
7. For making copies of documents:
i. Not requiring certification, per page: $1.00.
ii. Requiring certification, per page: $3.50.
8. For making up and forwarding papers, documents and exhibits: $65.00 and the transportation costs.
9. For a copy on compact disc (CD) of a digital recording of a court hearing in respect of a case, if such a recording exists and a copy is available:
i. For a single day’s recording: $22.00.
ii. For each additional day’s recording, if the request is made at the same time as a request under subparagraph i: $10.50. O. Reg. 137/04, s. 1; O. Reg. 170/07, s. 1; O. Reg. 249/12, s. 1.
2. Despite section 1, no fees are payable for the filing of an application, the filing of an answer or the placing of an application on the list for hearing in respect of,
(a) proceedings under the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017, the Children’s Law Reform Act, the Family Law Act (except Parts I and II), the Family Responsibility and Support Arrears Enforcement Act, 1996, the Marriage Act or the Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act, 2002; or
(b) proceedings to enforce an order for support, custody or access made under any of these Acts. O. Reg. 417/95, s. 2; O. Reg. 15/00, s. 3; O. Reg. 137/04, s. 2; O. Reg. 162/18, s. 1.
3. Omitted (revokes other Regulations). O. Reg. 417/95, s. 3.