O. Reg. 57/97: INFORMATION
under Health Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.6Skip to content
Health Insurance Act
Loi sur l’assurance-santé
ONTARIO REGULATION 57/97
Consolidation Period: From September 4, 2007 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: 492/07.
Legislative History: 58/97, 263/04, 492/07.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. (1) A physician shall give the General Manager the address of every place at which he or she regularly rendered insured services during a period specified by the General Manager. O. Reg. 57/97, s. 1 (1).
(2) If a physician plans to change the place at which he or she regularly renders insured services, he or she shall give the General Manager the address of the new place 30 days before the change occurs. O. Reg. 57/97, s. 1 (2).
(3) In giving the General Manager information under subsection (1) or (2), a physician shall state,
(a) whether he or she renders services at a place referred to in subsection (1) or (2) as a locum tenens; and
(b) whether the only services rendered at the place are services that are delegated procedures as defined in the schedule of benefits carried out under the direct supervision of the physician. O. Reg. 57/97, s. 1 (3).
2. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario is prescribed as an organization for the purposes of subsection 37 (2) of the Act. O. Reg. 58/97, s. 1.
3. The following information is prescribed as information that the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario must give the General Manager under subsection 37 (2) of the Act:
1. Information regarding each member of the College that is required to be contained in the register of the College under clauses 23 (2) (a), (b), (c) and (d) of the Health Professions Procedural Code set out in Schedule 2 to the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991.
2. The date each member became a member of the College.
3. The date a member of the College was certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the discipline or subdiscipline in which the member was certified.
4. The date the registration of any member of the College was suspended, revoked, terminated or expired and, if applicable, the date the suspension was lifted or the person was otherwise reinstated as a member of the College.
5. The date of birth and gender of every member of the College.
6. The address of every physician’s principal place of practice as shown on the College’s register on a date specified by the General Manager. O. Reg. 58/97, s. 1.
4. If a physician knows that the address shown on the register maintained by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario is incorrect, a physician shall give the General Manager the correct address. O. Reg. 58/97, s. 1.
5. A physician or practitioner shall, upon the request of the General Manager, give the General Manager all records that relate to an identified service for which the physician or practitioner submitted an account to the Plan. O. Reg. 263/04, s. 1.
6., 7. Revoked: O. Reg. 492/07, s. 1.