O. Reg. 486/98: BOARD EXPENSES NOT INCURRED BY REASON OF STRIKE OR LOCK-OUT
under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
|current||September 1, 2010 – (e-Laws currency date)|
|June 4, 2010 – August 31, 2010|
|August 27, 1998 – June 3, 2010|
ontario REGULATION 486/98
Board Expenses Not Incurred By Reason of Strike or Lock-Out
Consolidation Period: From September 1, 2010 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: 192/10.
Legislative History: 192/10.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) The expenses of a board that are not incurred in a fiscal year by reason of a strike or lock-out affecting the operations of the board shall be calculated as follows:
1. Determine the total of the salaries, wages and fringe benefits,
i. that are in effect on the day that the strike or lock-out commences,
ii. that are included in the estimates of the board in the fiscal year, and
iii. that are not payable, or are payable but reimbursable, to or in respect of employees of the board, or any class of them, in respect of the period of a strike by or lock-out of those employees, or any such class of them, that occurs in the fiscal year.
1.1 Add the total of the amounts,
i. that are not described in paragraph 1,
ii. that would be payable by the board in the fiscal year under an agreement in effect on the day the strike or lock-out commences,
iii. that are included in the estimates of the board in the fiscal year, and
iv. that are not payable, or are payable but reimbursable, under the terms of the agreement by reason of a strike or lock-out resulting in the reduction in or interruption of service.
2. Subtract from that amount the expenses incurred in the fiscal year by the board that are approved by the Minister. O. Reg. 486/98, s. 1 (1); O. Reg. 192/10, s. 2 (1-3).
(2) The Minister shall approve expenses under paragraph 2 of subsection (1) if they are necessarily incurred by the board in connection with the strike or lock-out and the amount of those expenses is reasonable in the circumstances. O. Reg. 486/98, s. 1 (2); O. Reg. 192/10, s. 2 (4).
(3) If actual financial data required for a calculation under this Regulation are not available when the calculation is required to be made, estimated data shall be used. O. Reg. 486/98, s. 1 (3).