O. Reg. 482/01: STATUTORY ACCIDENT BENEFITS SCHEDULE - ACCIDENTS ON OR AFTER NOVEMBER 1, 1996
filed December 14, 2001 under Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. I.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 482/01
made under the
Made: December 12, 2001
Filed: December 14, 2001
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 29, 2001
Amending O. Reg. 403/96
(Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule —
Accidents on or after November 1, 1996)
1. Section 2 of Ontario Regulation 403/96 is amended by adding the following subsections:
(9) For the purpose of this Regulation, payments for loss of income under an income continuation benefit plan shall be deemed to include the following payments:
1. Payments of disability pension benefits under the Canada Pension Plan.
2. Periodic payments of insurance, if the insurance,
i. is offered by the insurer only to persons who are employed at the time the contract for the insurance is entered into, and
ii. is offered by the insurer only on the basis that the maximum benefit payable is limited to an amount calculated with reference to the insured person’s income from employment.
(10) Subsection (9) only applies in respect of accidents that occur on or after January 1, 2002.
2. This Regulation comes into force on January 1, 2002.