O. Reg. 412/09: Suspension and Expulsion of Pupils
filed October 30, 2009 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 412/09
made under the
Made: October 19, 2009
Filed: October 30, 2009
Published on e-Laws: November 3, 2009
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 14, 2009
Amending O. Reg. 472/07
(Suspension and Expulsion of Pupils)
1. The title to Ontario Regulation 472/07 is revoked and the following substituted:
Behaviour, Discipline and Safety of pupils
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following heading before section 1:
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following heading before section 2:
Suspension and Expulsion of Pupils
4. The French version of paragraph 6 of section 3 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “plan d’enseignement particulier” and substituting “plan d’enseignement individualisé”.
5. Sections 7 and 8 of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
Responding to Activities and Behaviours
Principal’s duties where no notification to parent or guardian
7. If the principal of a school believes that a pupil of the school has been harmed as a result of an activity described in subsection 306 (1) or 310 (1) of the Act, and the principal does not notify a parent or guardian of the pupil because of the circumstances described in subsection 300.3 (3) of the Act, the principal shall,
(a) document the rationale for the decision not to notify a parent or guardian of the pupil;
(b) inform the appropriate supervisory officer of the decision not to notify a parent or guardian of the pupil;
(c) if a teacher informed the principal of the harm, inform the teacher of the decision not to notify a parent or guardian of the pupil; and
(d) if the principal determines it is appropriate to do so, inform other board employees of the decision not to notify a parent or guardian of the pupil.
Where no response is required
8. An employee of a board who observes a pupil of a school of the board behaving in a way that is likely to have a negative impact on the school climate is not required to respond under section 300.4 of the Act if responding would, in the employee’s opinion, cause immediate physical harm to himself or herself or to that of a student or another person.
6. This Regulation comes into force on February 1, 2010.
Pris par :
La ministre de l’Éducation,
Kathleen O’Day Wynne
Minister of Education
Date made: October 19, 2009.
Pris le : 19 octobre 2009.