O. Reg. 133/15: FRESH GRAPES - MARKETING
filed June 4, 2015 under Farm Products Marketing Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.9Skip to content
ontario regulation 133/15
made under the
Farm Products Marketing Act
Made: May 21, 2015
Filed: June 4, 2015
Published on e-Laws: June 4, 2015
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 20, 2015
Amending Reg. 410 of R.R.O. 1990
(FRESH GRAPES - MARKETING)
1. Regulation 410 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following section:
10. (1) There shall be an advisory committee known as the “Fresh Grapes Advisory Committee” in English and as “Comité consultatif sur le raisin frais” in French.
(2) The Fresh Grapes Advisory Committee is empowered to advise and make recommendations to the local board or to the Canadian Produce Marketing Association in respect of,
(a) the promotion of harmonious relationships between persons engaged in the marketing of fresh grapes;
(b) the promotion of greater efficiency in the production and marketing of fresh grapes;
(c) the prevention and correction of irregularities and inequities in the marketing of fresh grapes;
(d) the improvement of the quality and variety of fresh grapes;
(e) the improvement of the circulation of market information respecting fresh grapes; and
(f) any matter in respect of which the Commission or the local board is empowered to make regulations under the Act.
(3) After April 1 and before May 15 in each year, appointments shall be made to the Fresh Grapes Advisory Committee as follows:
1. The chair and a maximum of three producer members shall be appointed by the local board.
2. One member shall be appointed by each dealer-shipper that is a party to a dealer-shipper agreement with the local board.
(4) Despite subsection (3), the members of the Fresh Grapes Advisory Committee for 2015-2016 shall be appointed in accordance with paragraphs 1 and 2 of subsection (3) within 30 days of June 4, 2015.
(5) Members of the Fresh Grapes Advisory Committee remain members until the day before the first meeting of the committee in the year following the year in which they are appointed.
(6) If for any reason a member of the Fresh Grapes Advisory Committee is unable or unwilling to act, the body that appointed the member shall appoint a person to replace the member for the remainder of the member’s term.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Ontario Farm Products Marketing Commission:
La Commission de commercialisation des produits agricoles de l’Ontario :
Secretary to the Commission
Date made: May 21, 2015.
Pris le : 21 mai 2015.