O. Reg. 357/15: PROFESSIONAL MISCONDUCT
filed November 27, 2015 under Early Childhood Educators Act, 2007, S.O. 2007, c. 7, Sched. 8Skip to content
ontario regulation 357/15
made under the
Early Childhood Educators Act, 2007
Made: October 30, 2015
Approved: November 25, 2015
Filed: November 27, 2015
Published on e-Laws: November 27, 2015
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 12, 2015
Amending O. Reg. 223/08
1. The definition of “child” in section 1 of Ontario Regulation 223/08 is revoked.
2. (1) Section 2 of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before paragraph 1 and substituting the following:
2. The following conduct or acts constitute professional misconduct for the purposes of clause (f) of the definition of that term set out in section 1 of the Act, in addition to the acts or conduct listed in clauses (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e) of the definition:
. . . . .
(2) Paragraph 3 of section 2 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
3. Verbally abusing a child who is under the member’s professional supervision.
3.1 Physically abusing a child who is under the member’s professional supervision.
3.2 Psychologically or emotionally abusing a child who is under the member’s professional supervision.
(3) Paragraph 19 of section 2 of the Regulation is revoked.
(4) Paragraph 24 of section 2 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
24. Failing to comply with an order of the Fitness to Practise Committee or of the Executive Committee.
3. Section 3 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Findings of misconduct in other jurisdictions
3. A finding of incompetence or professional misconduct or a finding of a similar nature against a member by a governing authority of the profession in a jurisdiction other than Ontario that is based on facts that would, in the opinion of the Discipline Committee, constitute professional misconduct under the definition of the term in section 1 of the Act or under section 2 of this Regulation, constitutes professional misconduct for the purposes of clause (f) of the definition.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Council of the College of Early Childhood Educators:
le Conseil de l’Ordre des éducatrices et des éducateurs de la petite enfance :
Susan E. Corke
Registrar & CEO
S. Darlene Edgar
Date made: October 30, 2015.
Pris le : 30 octobre 2015.