O. Reg. 127/16: FUNDING, COST SHARING AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
filed May 9, 2016 under Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, S.O. 2014, c. 11, Sched. 1Skip to content
ontario regulation 127/16
made under the
Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
Made: May 4, 2016
Filed: May 9, 2016
Published on e-Laws: May 9, 2016
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 28, 2016
Amending O. Reg. 138/15
(FUNDING, COST SHARING AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE)
1. (1) The definition of “children’s recreation program” in subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 138/15 is revoked and the following substituted:
“children’s recreation program” means,
(a) a program operated by a children’s recreation service provider listed in the Schedule to Regulation 797 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Recreation Programs) made under the Ministry of Tourism and Recreation Act, or
(b) a program that meets the description set out in subsection 6 (4) of the Act.
(2) Subsection 1 (1) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following definition:
“family support program” has the same meaning as in Ontario Regulation 137/15 (General) made under the Act;
(3) The definition of “operating cost” in subsection 1 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
“operating cost” means the gross expenditure and includes,
(a) administrative costs,
(b) expenditures reasonable and necessary for providing child care at a child care centre, home child care or a children’s recreation program described in paragraph 8 of subsection 6 (1), less income other than revenue from fees, and
(c) expenditures reasonable and necessary for providing a family support program described in paragraph 9 of subsection 6 (1);
2. Subsection 6 (1) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
9. The provision of a family support program.
3. (1) Subsection 7 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “paragraphs 1, 2 and 7 of” in the portion before clause (a).
(2) Clause 7 (2) (a) of the Regulation is amended by adding “no less than” after “municipalities” in the portion before subclause (i).
(3) Subsections 7 (3) to (6) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(3) Every service system manager claiming payment of funds under subsection 54 (1) of the Act pursuant to a funding agreement entered into under subsection 54 (3) of the Act shall, at the times and in the manner required by the Minister, provide such financial reports as the Minister may require.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of August 29, 2016 and the day it is filed.