O. Reg. 483/16: DEFINITIONS
filed December 20, 2016 under Quality of Care Information Protection Act, 2016, S.O. 2016, c. 6, Sched. 2Skip to content
ontario regulation 483/16
made under the
Quality of Care Information Protection Act, 2016
Made: December 7, 2016
Filed: December 20, 2016
Published on e-Laws: December 21, 2016
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 7, 2017
Prescribed entity, health facility
1. The following entities are prescribed as health facilities for the purposes of clause (e) of the definition of “health facility” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act:
1. A long-term care home within the meaning of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007.
2. A laboratory or a specimen collection centre as defined in section 5 of the Laboratory and Specimen Collection Centre Licensing Act.
2. The following are prescribed as criteria that a body must meet for the purposes of clause (b) of the definition of “quality of care committee” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act:
1. Before beginning to act as a quality of care committee, the committee must be designated in writing as a quality of care committee for the purposes of the Act by,
i. the health facility or the quality oversight entity that established, appointed or approved it, or
ii. if the quality of care committee was established, appointed or approved by a combination of health facilities or quality oversight entities, each such facility or entity.
2. The terms of reference of the quality of care committee and its designation must be available on request to members of the public.
Pris par :
Le ministre de la Santé et des Soins de longue durée,
Dr. Eric Hoskins
Minister of Health and Long-Term Care