O. Reg. 53/17: PAYMENTS OUT OF SPECIAL PURPOSE ACCOUNTS
filed February 22, 2017 under Civil Remedies Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 28Skip to content
ontario regulation 53/17
made under the
Civil Remedies Act, 2001
Made: February 15, 2017
Filed: February 22, 2017
Published on e-Laws: February 23, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 11, 2017
Amending O. Reg. 498/06
(PAYMENTS OUT OF SPECIAL PURPOSE ACCOUNTS)
1. Section 14 of Ontario Regulation 498/06 is revoked and the following substituted:
Grants to assist victims, prevent unlawful activities
14. (1) The Attorney General may pay grants out of a special purpose account to any of the following entities in order to assist victims of unlawful activities, other than those to whom compensation has been otherwise paid in accordance with this Regulation, and to prevent unlawful activities that result in victimization:
1. An institution listed in Column 1 of the Table to section 6 of Ontario Regulation 91/02 (General) made under the Act.
2. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
3. Any other entity that assists victims of unlawful activities or prevents unlawful activities that result in victimization.
(2) The Attorney General shall establish criteria and guidelines for the payment of grants, including the eligibility of an entity referred to in subsection (1) to receive grants.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.