ontario regulation 442/18
made under the
Cannabis Act, 2017
Made: October 17, 2018
Filed: October 17, 2018
Published on e-Laws: October 18, 2018
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 3, 2018
Amending O. Reg. 30/18
1. Subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 30/18 is amended by striking out “a licence, permit or authorization issued under applicable federal law” wherever it appears and substituting in each case “a licence or permit issued under the Cannabis Act (Canada)”.
2. Section 3 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Specific exemptions for research purposes
3. An activity prohibited under section 7 or 10 of the Act is exempt from the application of that section if the activity is undertaken for the purpose of conducting cannabis research under the authority of a licence or permit issued under the Cannabis Act (Canada).
Specific exemption for government laboratories
3.1 Subsection 6 (2) of the Act does not apply with respect to the distribution of cannabis by an individual acting in accordance with section 4 of the Cannabis Regulations (Canada).
3. Section 5 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Exemption re transportation of cannabis for medical purposes
5. Subsection 12 (1) of the Act does not apply with respect to cannabis obtained for medical purposes in accordance with Part 14 of the Cannabis Regulations (Canada) or in accordance with a court order if,
(a) the person who is authorized under such authority to possess the cannabis for his or her own medical purposes is a passenger in the vehicle or boat; and
(b) the cannabis is not readily available to the driver of the vehicle or boat.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of October 17, 2018 and the day it is filed.