O. Reg. 81/19: GENERAL
filed April 30, 2019 under Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 33Skip to content
ontario regulation 81/19
made under the
Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002
Made: April 11, 2019
Filed: April 30, 2019
Published on e-Laws: April 30, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 18, 2019
Amending O. Reg. 30/11
1. The definition of “consumer information guide” in subsection 112 (1) of Ontario Regulation 30/11 is revoked and the following substituted:
“consumer information guide” means the guide that the registrar prepares and that sets out a consumer’s rights and obligations under the Act; (“guide de renseignements destinés aux consommateurs”)
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section after the heading “Disclosure to Prospective Purchasers”:
Disclosure to public by registrar
112.1 Upon preparing the consumer information guide, the registrar shall make it available to the public by posting it in a printable form on the website used by the registrar for purposes of communicating information to the public.
3. (1) Clause 113 (1) (a) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(a) a copy of the consumer information guide if the registrar has prepared the guide;
(2) Subsection 113 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) If an operator maintains or makes use of a website and enters into electronic contracts for the sale of licensed supplies and services through the website, the operator shall, subject to subsection (2.1), provide the items that subsection (1) requires the operator to ensure the prospective purchaser receives by,
(a) posting the items on the website in a printable form; or
(b) posting a link to the website where the registrar has posted the consumer information guide in accordance with section 112.1, in the case of the copy of the guide.
(2.1) If the prospective purchaser consents to receiving the copy of the consumer information guide in electronic form under clause (1) (a) and provides the operator with an electronic address for that purpose, the operator shall, for the purpose of that clause, send to that address an electronic copy of the guide or a link to the website where the registrar has posted the guide in accordance with section 112.1.
(2.2) If the prospective purchaser consents to receiving the link described in subsection (2.1) but does not provide the operator with an electronic address for that purpose, the operator shall, for the purpose of clause (1) (a), provide the prospective purchaser with a document in non-electronic form containing the link.
(2.3) If an operator posts items on a website in accordance with subsection (2), the prospective purchaser is deemed to have received the items at the time of posting.
(2.4) If an operator, in accordance with subsection (2.1), sends an item that subsection requires the operator to send, the prospective purchaser is deemed to have received the copy of the consumer information guide at the time the operator sends the item.