O. Reg. 269/19: DEFINITIONS AND EXEMPTIONS
filed August 19, 2019 under Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. BSkip to content
ontario regulation 269/19
made under the
Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998
Made: August 16, 2019
Filed: August 19, 2019
Published on e-Laws: August 19, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 7, 2019
Amending O. Reg. 161/99
(DEFINITIONS AND EXEMPTIONS)
1. (1) Subsection 4.0.4 (2) of Ontario Regulation 161/99 is amended by striking out the portion before paragraph 1 and substituting the following:
(2) The following provisions of the Act do not apply to a distributor who meets the conditions set out in subsection (3) or (4), and who distributes electricity in a community listed in Schedule 1:
. . . . .
(2) Subsection 4.0.4 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) If the distribution is in respect of a community set out in Schedule 1,
(a) the distributor must be a First Nation, or a corporation that is solely owned by a First Nation;
(b) the distribution system owned by the distributor must not be connected to the IESO-controlled grid; and
(c) the distributor must only distribute and generate electricity within its geographic service territory as it existed on January 1, 2002.
(4) If the distribution is in respect of a community set out in Schedule 3,
(a) the distributor must meet the conditions set out in clauses (3) (a), (b) and (c); and
(b) the distributor must not have been authorized, by an order issued by the Board, to serve that specific community.
2. Subsection 4.0.5 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “reserve” in the portion before paragraph 1 and substituting “community”.
3. Schedules 1 and 2 to the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
1. Eabametoong First Nation.
2. Keewaywin First Nation.
3. Muskrat Dam First Nation.
4. Nibinamik First Nation.
5. North Spirit Lake First Nation.
6. Poplar Hill First Nation.
7. Wawakapewin First Nation.
8. Weenusk First Nation.
9. Wunnumin Lake First Nation
1. Cat Lake First Nation.
1. Keewaywin First Nation.
2. Muskrat Dam First Nation.
3. North Spirit Lake First Nation.
4. Poplar Hill First Nation.
5. Wawakapewin First Nation.
6. Wunnumin Lake First Nation.