O. Reg. 456/19: RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE
filed December 19, 2019 under Courts of Justice Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.43Skip to content
ontario regulation 456/19
made under the
Courts of Justice Act
Made: October 28, 2019
Approved: December 18, 2019
Filed: December 19, 2019
Published on e-Laws: December 20, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 4, 2020
Amending Reg. 194 of R.R.O. 1990
(RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE)
1. (1) Paragraph 2.1 of subrule 4.05.1 (2) of Regulation 194 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
2.1 A statement of defence (Form 18A), including one that includes a counterclaim against parties to the main action only (Form 27A) or a crossclaim (Form 28A).
(2) Subrule 4.05.1 (2) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraphs:
2.3 A notice of discontinuance (Form 23A), and a consent to discontinuance filed for the purposes of clause 23.01 (1) (c).
2.4 A defence to counterclaim (Form 27C).
2.5 A defence to crossclaim (Form 28B).
2.6 Form 29A (third party claim), including with respect to a fourth or subsequent party claim or claim by a defendant to a counterclaim or crossclaim.
2.7 Form 29B (third party defence), including with respect to a defence by a fourth or subsequent party.
2.8 A jury notice (Form 47A).
. . . . .
5.1 A certificate of action under section 36 of the Construction Act (Form 14 under that Act).
(3) Subrule 4.05.1 (7) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraphs:
3. A third, fourth or subsequent party claim (Form 29A).
4. A certificate of action under section 36 of the Construction Act (Form 14 under that Act).
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of March 23, 2020 and the day this Regulation is filed.
Civil Rules Committee:
Le Comité des règles en matière civile :
Senior Legal Officer / Avocate principale
I approve this Regulation.
J’approuve le présent règlement.
Le procureur général,