O. Reg. 2/20: GENERAL
filed January 15, 2020 under Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, S.O. 2014, c. 11, Sched. 1Skip to content
ontario regulation 2/20
made under the
Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
Made: December 12, 2019
Filed: January 15, 2020
Published on e-Laws: January 16, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 1, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 137/15
1. (1) Subsection 3 (1) of Ontario Regulation 137/15 is amended by adding the following paragraph:
camp during strike or lock-out
7. Subject to subsection (1.1), care or supervision that is provided as part of a camp, whether or not the camp is operated for more than 13 weeks in a calendar year, provided that,
i. the camp is not operated at a person’s home,
ii. the camp provides care or supervision only for children who,
A. are four years old or older, or
B. if the care or supervision is provided on or after September 1 in a calendar year, will attain the age of four in that year, and
iii. the camp is operated on days on which instruction is typically provided for pupils enrolled in schools but, due to a strike by school board employees or a lock-out of school board employees, instruction is not being provided for pupils on that day.
(2) Section 3 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(1.1) Care or supervision referred to in paragraph 7 of subsection (1) does not include temporary care for or supervision of children described in subsection 4 (3) of the Act.
(1.2) Any week during which a camp is operated in the circumstances set out in paragraph 7 of subsection (1) shall not be counted for the purposes of subparagraph 9 i of subsection 4 (1) of the Act.
(3) Subsection 3 (2) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following definitions:
“lock-out” has the same meaning as in the School Boards Collective Bargaining Act, 2014; (“lock-out”)
“school board” has the same meaning as in the School Boards Collective Bargaining Act, 2014; (“conseil scolaire”)
“strike” has the same meaning as in the School Boards Collective Bargaining Act, 2014. (“grève”)
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.