O. Reg. 230/20: GENERAL
filed May 29, 2020 under Ontario Disability Support Program Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 25, Sched. BSkip to content
ontario regulation 230/20
made under the
Ontario Disability Support Program Act, 1997
Made: May 28, 2020
Filed: May 29, 2020
Published on e-Laws: May 29, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 13, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 222/98
1. (1) The heading to section 42.1 of Ontario Regulation 222/98 is revoked and the following substituted:
Treatment of Emergency Payments Respecting COVID-19 Made by Canada
(2) Subsection 42.1 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) This section sets out rules respecting the treatment of the following types of payments:
1. Income support under the Canada Emergency Response Benefit Act.
2. Emergency response benefits under Part VIII.4 of the Employment Insurance Act (Canada).
(3) Subsection 42.1 (1) of the Regulation, as remade by subsection (2), is amended by adding the following paragraph:
3. Canada emergency student benefits under the Canada Emergency Student Benefit Act.
(4) Subsection 42.1 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the first $200 of each type of payment referred to in subsection (1) that is received by each member of a benefit unit and 50 per cent of any remaining amount of such payments received by the member shall not be included in income. However, where the payments would result in an applicant being ineligible for income support or in a recipient becoming ineligible for income support, they shall be further exempt from income such that income support payable to the recipient is equal to $2.50.
(5) Subsection 42.1 (3) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “All CERB payments” at the beginning and substituting “Any payments referred to in subsection (1) that are”.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation is deemed to have come into force on March 1, 2020.