O. Reg. 260/20: LICENCES TO SELL LIQUOR
filed June 8, 2020 under Liquor Licence Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.19Skip to content
ontario regulation 260/20
made under the
Liquor Licence Act
Made: June 5, 2020
Filed: June 8, 2020
Published on e-Laws: June 8, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 27, 2020
Amending Reg. 719 of R.R.O. 1990
(LICENCES TO SELL LIQUOR)
1. Section 1 of Regulation 719 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following definition:
“manufacturing site” means property that is used by a manufacturer primarily for the distillation and production of spirits, the fermentation and production of beer or the alcoholic fermentation and production of Ontario wine and includes a vineyard owned by the manufacturer if a significant amount of the grapes is used in the production of the wine; (“lieu de fabrication”)
2. Section 2 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
2. (1) Despite subsection 6 (4) of the Act, a person may, subject to subsection (2), obtain a licence to sell liquor of a manufacturer at a specified premises that shares the same municipal or property address as a manufacturing site of the manufacturer.
(2) No more than one licence may be issued under subsection (1) with respect to a manufacturing site.
(3) For greater certainty, nothing in subsection (1) prevents the Registrar from requiring the provision of such information respecting the location of the premises referred to in that subsection as the Registrar may specify in order to determine whether the requirements of that subsection are met.
3. Subsection 2.1 (1) of the Regulation is revoked.
4. Section 13 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “must be defined by a partition that is at least 0.9 metres high and that makes the premises readily distinguishable” and substituting “must be readily distinguishable”.
5. Subsection 33 (1.1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “if the store and the licensed premises are on the same manufacturing site” at the end and substituting “if the store is located on the manufacturing site”.
6. Subsection 34 (4.3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(4.3) Despite subsection (1), liquor may be removed from the licensed premises of a manufacturer who holds a licence under section 2 or 2.1 if it is being taken to,
(a) other licensed premises of the manufacturer that is located on the manufacturing site of the manufacturer or that shares the same municipal or property address, as the case may be; or
(b) a store to which an authorization under clause 3 (1) (e) of the Liquor Control Act applies and that is located on the manufacturing site of the manufacturer.
7. (1) Section 97 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) Despite subsection (1), beginning on June 8, 2020 and ending on December 18, 2020, the Registrar may approve a temporary physical extension that is adjacent to the premises to which a licence to sell liquor applies for a period that ends no later than 3 a.m. on January 1, 2021.
(2) Subsection 97 (2) of the Regulation, as made by subsection (1), is revoked.
8. Subsection 99 (7) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “beer or Ontario wine” and substituting “beer, Ontario wine or spirits”.
9. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 7 (2) comes into force on the later of January 2, 2021 and the day this Regulation is filed.