O. Reg. 632/20: ELECTRONIC MEETINGS AND MEETING ATTENDANCE
filed November 6, 2020 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 632/20
made under the
Made: November 5, 2020
Filed: November 6, 2020
Published on e-Laws: November 6, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 21, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 463/97
(ELECTRONIC MEETINGS AND MEETING ATTENDANCE)
1. Subsections 4 (2) and (3) of Ontario Regulation 463/97 are revoked and the following substituted:
(2) The policy shall provide for the following:
1. The board shall provide members of the public with electronic means for participating in meetings and shall provide for the extent and manner of electronic participation.
2. The electronic means required by paragraph 1 shall permit members of the public to hear and be heard by all other participants in the meeting.
3. The policy shall ensure that members of the public who are participating through electronic means do not participate in any proceedings that are closed to the public in accordance with the Act.
2. (1) Clause 6.1 (1) (a) of the Regulation is revoked.
(2) Subsection 6.1 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) If a member of a board is elected or appointed to fill a vacancy on or after November 30, 2021, the member shall be physically present in the meeting room of the board for at least one regular meeting of the board for each period of four full calendar months that occurs during the period beginning on the day the member is elected or appointed and ending the following November 14.
(3) Subsection 6.1 (4) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “paragraph 1 or 2 of.”
(4) Subsection 6.1 (5) of the Regulation is revoked.
3. This Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
6.2 (1) Despite a policy of a board respecting electronic meetings, the requirements under section 5 for persons to be physically present at meetings, and the requirement under section 6, do not apply for the period beginning the day section 3 of Ontario Regulation 632/20 comes into force and ending November 30, 2021.
(2) Despite a policy of a board respecting electronic meetings, the requirements under subsection 5.1 (2) for persons to be physically present at meetings do not apply for the period beginning December 1, 2020 and ending November 30, 2021.
4. (1) Subsection 7 (1) of the Regulation is amended by adding “On and after December 1, 2021” to the beginning and striking out “and subsection 5.1 (2)”.
(2) Subsection 7 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) The period referred to in subsection (1) starts on the later of the following days and ends 60 days after the order ceases to apply:
1. If the order under clause (1) (a), (b) or (c) is made on or after December 1, 2021, the day the order is made.
2. December 1, 2021, if the order was made prior to that date and continues to apply on that date.
(3) Section 7 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(3) On and after December 1, 2021, despite a policy of a board respecting electronic meetings, the requirements under subsection 5.1 (2) for persons to be physically present at meetings do not apply for a period described in that subsection if all schools of the board are closed for a total of two or more months during that period pursuant to an order made by,
(a) the Minister under section 5 (1) of the Act;
(b) a medical officer of health or the Chief Medical Officer of Health under section 22 or 77.1 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act; or
(c) the Lieutenant Governor in Council under paragraph 5 of subsection 7.0.2 (4) of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act.
Amendment to this regulation
5. Section 3 of this Regulation is revoked.
6. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Section 1 comes into force on February 1, 2021.