O. Reg. 502/21: RULES FOR AREAS IN STEP 2
filed June 29, 2021 under Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020, S.O. 2020, c. 17Skip to content
ontario regulation 502/21
made under the
Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020
Made: June 29, 2021
Filed: June 29, 2021
Published on e-Laws: June 30, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 17, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 263/20
(RULES FOR AREAS IN STEP 2)
1. Schedule 2 to Ontario Regulation 263/20 is amended by adding the following section:
17.1 Businesses that are primarily engaged in the provision of health and safety training may open if they comply with the following conditions:
1. The instructional space for any in-person training must be operated to enable students to maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from every other person in the instructional space, except where necessary for teaching and instruction that cannot be effectively provided if physical distancing is maintained.
2. The total number of students permitted to be in each instructional space at any one time must be limited to the number that can maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from every other person in the business or place, and in any event if the space is indoors cannot exceed 10 persons.
3. Students must be actively screened in accordance with the advice, recommendations and instructions of the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health before they enter the business.
4. The person responsible for the business shall,
i. record the name and contact information of every student who attends the in-person teaching and instruction,
ii. maintain the records for a period of at least one month, and
iii. only disclose the records to a medical officer of health or an inspector under the Health Protection and Promotion Act on request for a purpose specified in section 2 of that Act or as otherwise required by law.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.