O. Reg. 644/21: PROVISION OF COMMUNITY SERVICES
filed September 10, 2021 under Home Care and Community Services Act, 1994, S.O. 1994, c. 26Skip to content
ontario regulation 644/21
made under the
Home Care and Community Services Act, 1994
Made: September 8, 2021
Filed: September 10, 2021
Published on e-Laws: September 10, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 25, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 386/99
(PROVISION OF COMMUNITY SERVICES)
1. Ontario Regulation 386/99 is amended by adding the following sections:
Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario — Ottawa Children’s Treatment Centre
11. In sections 12 and 13,
“CHEO” means the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario — Ottawa Children’s Treatment Centre.
12. (1) This section applies where, under subsection 28.5 (1) of the Act, the Minister has approved CHEO to provide funding to or on behalf of a person to purchase a community service and, immediately before the time of the approval, a local health integration network was providing funding for the purchase of the service in an arrangement to which section 9 of this Regulation applied.
(2) Community support services, homemaking services, personal support services and professional services are prescribed community services for the purposes of this section.
(3) The requirements under the following provisions of the Act do not apply with respect to funding to which this section applies:
1. Paragraphs 3, 4, 5 and 6 of subsection 28.5 (4).
2. Subsections 22 (1), (2), (3), (5) and (7).
13. (1) When the Champlain Local Health Integration Network determines that a person who requires a community service should receive the service from CHEO, the Champlain Local Health Integration Network may refer the person to CHEO, and the Champlain Local Health Integration Network is exempt from section 22 of the Act in respect of that person.
(2) A reference in any of the following provisions of this Regulation to a “local health integration network” or “an approved agency that is a local health integration network” shall be deemed to include a reference to CHEO, and those provisions apply to CHEO as if it were a local health integration network:
1. Subsection 3 (2).
2. Subsections 8 (3) and (4).
3. Section 8.1.
4. Section 10.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.