O. Reg. 725/21: RESTRICTED TOWING ZONES
filed October 22, 2021 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 725/21
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: October 21, 2021
Filed: October 22, 2021
Published on e-Laws: October 22, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 6, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 325/21
(RESTRICTED TOWING ZONES)
1. The title to Ontario Regulation 325/21 is revoked and the following substituted:
PILOT PROJECT — RESTRICTED TOWING ZONES
2. Subsections 3 (2) and (3) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(2) If more than one towing services provider is authorized to provide towing services in a restricted towing zone, those providers shall only provide such services as specified by the Ministry or by a police officer.
(3) If any towing services providers are authorized to provide towing services in a restricted towing zone, no unauthorized towing services provider shall provide or offer to provide towing services in the restricted towing zone.
(4) Subsection (1) does not apply to a person in charge of a police department vehicle, a road service vehicle or other vehicle owned or operated by or on behalf of the road authority that has jurisdiction over the highway, or to a person acting under the direction of a police officer or the Ministry.
3. Clause 5 (1) (b) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “and on the back of”.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
The version of this Regulation that was originally published on October 22, 2021 contained a publication error. It was published in English only. In fact, the Regulation is bilingual. The bilingual version was posted on December 1, 2021. This correction notice was posted on December 2, 2021.