O. Reg. 171/22: TESTING, REPAIR AND COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR UNSAFE VEHICLES UNDER SECTION 82 OF THE ACT
filed March 10, 2022 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 171/22
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: March 10, 2022
Filed: March 10, 2022
Published on e-Laws: March 10, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 26, 2022
Amending O. Reg. 381/02
(TESTING, REPAIR AND COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR UNSAFE VEHICLES UNDER SECTION 82 OF THE ACT)
1. Paragraph 3 of subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 381/02 is revoked and the following substituted:
3. An annual inspection certificate or semi-annual inspection certificate.
3.1 An emissions inspection certificate as defined in Ontario Regulation 170/22 (Vehicle Inspection Centres) made under the Act.
2. Section 4 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
4. A motor vehicle has a prescribed defect for the purposes of subsection 82 (12) of the Act if it fails to comply with the standards required by section 75.1 of the Act that are set out in Ontario Regulation 169/22 (Vehicle Emissions) made under the Act.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day section 11 of Schedule 16 to the Better for People, Smarter for Business Act, 2019 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.