O. Reg. 199/22: PASSENGER TRANSPORTATION VEHICLES
filed March 11, 2022 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 199/22
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: March 10, 2022
Filed: March 11, 2022
Published on e-Laws: March 14, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 26, 2022
Amending O. Reg. 418/21
(PASSENGER TRANSPORTATION VEHICLES)
1. (1) Subparagraph 5 i of subsection 2 (1) of Ontario Regulation 418/21 is revoked and the following substituted:
i. a health service provider or Ontario Health Team that provides home and community care services under the Connecting Care Act, 2019,
i.1 an Indigenous organization that provides home and community care services pursuant to an agreement under paragraph 4.1 of subsection 6 (1) of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Act, or
(2) Paragraph 1 of subsection 2 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “under the Home Care and Community Services Act, 1994” and substituting “in accordance with Ontario Regulation 187/22 (Home and Community Care Services) made under the Connecting Care Act, 2019”.
(3) Paragraphs 2 and 3 of subsection 2 (2) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
2. A person who is determined to be eligible in accordance with Ontario Regulation 187/22 (Home and Community Care Services) made under the Connecting Care Act, 2019 for the transportation service being provided.
2.1 A person who is receiving a service that is substantially equivalent to a transportation service described in paragraph 2 and that is provided by an Indigenous organization that has entered into an agreement pursuant to paragraph 4.1 of subsection 6 (1) of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Act.
3. For a person mentioned in paragraph 1, 2 or 2.1, one attendant or escort accompanying the person.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day section 3 of Schedule 1 to the Connecting People to Home and Community Care Act, 2020 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.