O. Reg. 545/22: PROVISION OF FRENCH LANGUAGE SERVICES ON BEHALF OF GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
filed December 5, 2022 under French Language Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.32Skip to content
ontario regulation 545/22
made under the
French Language Services Act
Made: November 24, 2022
Filed: December 5, 2022
Published on e-Laws: December 6, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 24, 2022
Amending O. Reg. 284/11
(PROVISION OF FRENCH LANGUAGE SERVICES ON BEHALF OF GOVERNMENT AGENCIES)
1. Section 2 of Ontario Regulation 284/11 is revoked and the following substituted:
Provision of services in French
2. (1) Every government agency shall ensure that a third party providing services to the public on its behalf does so in accordance with the provisions of the Act and the regulations made under the Act to which the government agency is itself subject.
(2) Despite subsection (1), if an agreement between a government agency and a third party is in force on the day Ontario Regulation 544/22 (Active Offer of Services in French — Prescribed Measures) made under the Act comes into force, the government agency is not required to ensure the third party’s compliance with the requirements of that Regulation until October 1, 2023.
2. (1) Subsection 3 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following:
(1) Every government agency that retains a third party to provide a service to the public on behalf of the agency shall, within 30 days after the agreement comes into force, file a report in accordance with subsection (2) setting out,
. . . . .
(2) Subsections 3 (2) and (3) of the Regulation are amended by striking out “Minister responsible for Francophone Affairs” wherever it appears and substituting in each case “Minister of Francophone Affairs”.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of April 1, 2023 and the day this Regulation is filed.