O. Reg. 264/17: GENERAL
filed July 5, 2017 under Assessment Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. A.31Skip to content
ontario regulation 264/17
made under the
Made: July 5, 2017
Filed: July 5, 2017
Published on e-Laws: July 5, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 22, 2017
Amending O. Reg. 282/98
1. (1) Subsection 10 (1) of Ontario Regulation 282/98 is revoked.
(2) Subsection 10 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) The new multi-residential property class consists of land described in paragraph 1 of subsection 4 (1) whose units have been built, or converted from a non-residential use, pursuant to a building permit issued,
(a) on or after April 20, 2017; or
(b) before April 20, 2017, if, at the time at which the permit was issued, a by-law was in force that opted to have the property class apply in the municipality, in accordance with subsection (1) of this section as it read immediately before it was revoked by O. Reg. 264/17.
(3) Subsection 10 (2.1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “paragraph 1 of”.
(4) Subsection 10 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) Despite subsection (2), after being included in the new multi-residential property class for 35 taxation years, land ceases to be included in that class and is instead included in the multi-residential property class for subsequent taxation years.
(5) Subsection 10 (4) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(4) Despite subsections (2) and (3), land that ceased to be included in the new multi-residential property class under this subsection, as it read immediately before O. Reg. 264/17 came into force, remains excluded from the new multi-residential property class.
(6) Subsections 10 (5) to (7) of the Regulation are revoked.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Le ministre des Finances,
Minister of Finance