O. Reg. 430/17: GENERAL
filed November 20, 2017 under Business Corporations Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. B.16Skip to content
ontario regulation 430/17
made under the
Business Corporations Act
Made: August 30, 2017
Filed: November 20, 2017
Published on e-Laws: November 20, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 9, 2017
Amending Reg. 62 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Subsection 12 (1) of Regulation 62 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) A corporate name shall not contain a word or expression, an element of which is the full name of an individual or the family name of an individual, whether or not preceded by his or her given name or initials, unless the individual or his or her heir, executor, administrator, assign or guardian consents in writing to the use of the name and the individual has, had or will have a material interest in the business.
(2) Subsection 12 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following:
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if the corporation that will use the proposed name is the successor or affiliate of a person, other than an individual, that has, as an element of its name, the full name or family name, if,
. . . . .
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.