ontario regulation 216/18
made under the
Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002
Made: March 27, 2018
Approved: April 4, 2018
Filed: April 6, 2018
Published on e-Laws: April 9, 2018
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 21, 2018
Code of Ethics
1. The purpose of this Regulation is to preserve the standards of professional conduct and competence that, under the Board of Funeral Services Act, as it read immediately before its repeal on April 1, 2016, the Board of Funeral Services was entitled to require of individuals licensed as funeral directors under the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002.
2. In this Regulation,
“funeral director” means an individual licensed as a funeral director under the Act.
3. A funeral director shall not engage in conduct that could have led to a finding that the person was guilty of professional misconduct under subsection 16 (2) of the Board of Funeral Services Act and section 8 of Ontario Regulation 32/11 (General) made under that Act as they read immediately before the repeal of that Act on April 1, 2016, with necessary modifications.
4. A funeral director shall not engage in conduct that could have led to a finding that the person was incompetent under subsection 16 (3) of the Board of Funeral Services Act as that subsection read immediately before the repeal of that Act on April 1, 2016, with necessary modifications.
5. Ontario Regulation 306/16 (Code of Ethics) made under the Act is revoked.
6. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Pris par :
Board of the Bereavement Authority of Ontario:
Le conseil de l'Office ontarien des services funéraires :
Chair / Président
I approve this Regulation.
J’approuve le présent règlement.
La ministre des Services gouvernementaux et des Services aux consommateurs,
Minister of Government and Consumer Services